Monday 23 January 2012

Incoming photos on Fri/Sat!


Hi friends!

I'm having trouble uploading pictures. Firstly, internet is very very slow here. Secondly, the computers at the cafe only let me upload one picture at a time which then takes several minutes. So I'm going to hold off on posting too many pictures until Friday/Saturday when we're at the safari lodge.

I hope that everyone is safe and happy in Canada. We're all doing well and we miss our families so much!

I also want to ask that if you're reading these blog posts that you might leave a comment at the end of them. Like I said, we really miss everyone in Canada and we'd love to hear from you. If the messages left aren't for me, I'd be happy to share them.

Last, here are a couple of pictures for you. Above is Pavan and Sonam hanging around behind the Big House. We had a sausage roast and each group contributed different salads and potato dishes. (Yum!) Below is the Medium House. The middle window is Natalie and Esther's room, on the right is Sylvia and Jackie's, and behind their room is mine. We love our little (medium) house!

So yes, please leave a comment behind (just click on the comment button below) and send us some love!


8 comments:

  1. Hi Joel. I'm really enjoying your posts and find myself checking this site hourly! ha ha ha! Your photos are really cool, it's nice to visualize where you are in your house. Are there a lot of patients in the hospital? You mentioned you have to go to the market for fresh veggies today. Do you have meals provided for you there or are you all responsible for your own meals? Do you have your bikes yet or are you walking to the market? I would love to see some pictures of the fruit/vegetable markets, I'm sure you have loads and it's probably better to see them when you get back eh?
    I'm sure the internet situation is frustrating you but for me, I'm just so amazed that I can see things that you are doing a zillion miles away! The upcoming safari sounds so exciting. I'm jealous!! Did I mention that?
    How are you managing with your spider phobia?
    You must be loving that net around your bed! ha ha ha. Dr Doom sounds scary to me!!
    Health wise all is well? Everyone seems so happy in the photos. I'm trying to see if there is a seat sale during reading break to get Brady over for a week. I have my fingers crossed. I miss you tons. This is the longest I've gone without seeing you but what you're doing is incredible and I'm so very proud of you. You're amazing.
    Love Mum xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi mom!

      There must be at least 100 admitted patients across all the beds and floors. Our meals aren't provided for us so we usually cook/bum off food from other houses (haha). We have our bikes but they are largely broken and needing repairs. The roads are quite dangerous and I tend to avoid biking. I don't really have pictures from the green/black market because the locals in the area aren't keen on being photographed. I got yelled at for taking a picture of my own bike so I haven't been snapping pictures in there. My spider phobia isn't really a phobia.. More of a strong dislike... I deal with killing them better than ever. I love the net around my bed. I wish that it was finer to keep all the little beetle carcasses out. Health-wise we are all well. No malaria yet. Love you back! -Joel

      Delete
  2. Are my comments coming through?
    P.S.... at first I thought those were prayer flags hanging from the ledges... lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did they call the BBQ a brye? That threw me for a while. I kept getting calls from the nuns I was living with to come back for a "Brye" on African Freedom day. BBQ food there is FANTASTICCCCC. If you get a chance, try brye pigeon. I promise you won't regret it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Brye! We had a sausage brye and it was phenomenal - mmmmmm. I promise that I will try the pigeon if given the chance. The food here is mostly great (Oasis' pizza was... okay haha)

      Delete
  4. Joel!!! I can't believe you are out of the country now!! -but glad ur enjoying the new adventures now - i didn't realize you have a blog until now and glad i checked it =)
    cath

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is this Cathy Z?? I'm glad you found the blog! I'm having so much fun keeping it!

      Delete
    2. yepp this is!! and im having lots of fun reading it XD

      Delete