Tuesday 10 January 2012

Four More Days in Canada

Hello everyone!

Four more days. That's it. Four more days.

Those words carry all my stress and anxiety. I'm going to leave them here so that I can have a nice, normal day.

I've started making a pile in the living room. So far it has an empty backpack, a suitcase, mosquito netting, and a book. Obviously I'm far from packed. Every time I start thinking about packing, I get lost in just how many things I think I need.

"I better remember lip balm. What about jeans? Should I bring my new pair or an old pair? Should I really be leaving my face regimen behind? I'm going to have a terrible break-out. I don't want to leave my fancy toothbrush at home! Will I be able to charge an electric razor? Should I shave my head???"

And then I take a deep breath and actually do something productive. Worrying gets me nowhere and only serves to steal valuable time that I could be using to solve the problem (or at least happily procrastinating).

On another note, here are the last few things that I need to accomplish: I need to pack; have to update my resume and cover letter so that I can apply for a job while I'm gone; and I probably ought to help tidy the house. It all feels so very doable once it's written down.

I'll keep you posted as the last minute frenzy continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment