Tuesday 17 January 2012

Come Fly With Us

So here we are, 10668 meters above Nunavut and there has been no shortage of ridiculousness.

It all started when we boarded the plane. Let me get this out of the way first: I am part of the most wonderful group ever! We've been having so much fun since we all found each other in Vancouver. Well, anyhow, we were approaching the plane in that little boarding tunnel when Sylvia noticed the stairs leading up to first class. She had this look of wonder as she exclaimed, "Woah! There are STAIRS on this plane?"

We all had our face-palming moments and I replied, "Don't you have stairs in your house?"

"Well.. No, actually."

Since then, we've been having fun almost non-stop. We've been hit with many giggle fits (once at Esther, who is bundled up like a little old granny!). Sylvia's little TV is broken. It only shows the current location of the plane and refuses to play the Glee concert movie for her. My headphones arrived with dangerous-looking wires poking out but our favourite attendant (who has a British accent!) replaced them promptly.

At around 10:30pm PST, meals came out with the option of chicken or pasta. We each tried the different options and the food was actually quite yummy. And cheesecake to boot! For our drinks, we all opted for the complimentary white wine. It was wonderful! So wonderful that I spilled some on my jeans. Hopefully the smell of wine stops following me around soon.

It's now 11:35pm and the dinner trays have since been taken away and we are all settling down for the night. Esther is watching her TV, Jackie is half-watching Harry Potter 7.5, Sylvia is trying to catch up to me on The Hunger Games on her Kindle (page 21) and I'm going to settle in with my Hunger Games (page 130). Terrific book, by the way!

I hope that you're settled into your bed back home! Rest for us - we have a long way to go yet.




No comments:

Post a Comment