Friday 24 February 2012

A jolly, jolly time

February 24

Good afternoon everyone!

I am having a wonderful time! Yesterday, we went back to the (awwwful) Lusaka bus station and boarded Shalom yet again. It was about a six hour drive before we arrived in Livingstone.

Livingstone is an interesting place. I tried to keep my hopes low because I really didn't know what to expect. I knew that it was a tourist destination but it is in Zambia so I didn't know how much... polish it would have.

It's kind of a hybrid of what we've seen thus far. It's definitely a city but it's still a bit rough on the edges. The hostel though is completely different. It's quite a large place and has lots of guests from around the world (lots of Makuwas too!). There's a nice bar and outdoor restaurant, a big pool with a (not) hot tub draining into it, and the rooms are great. Big enough for Sylvia, Esther, Jackie, and me. Aircon too!

If you Google Jolly Boys Livingstone you'll see what I mean.

Suffice it to say, it's beautiful. It's pure luxury compared to what we've experienced thus far (hold for the amazing safari lodge). The people are friendly and it's such a laid-back atmosphere.

Even though this place is heaven, we did leave for a bit today. Some crazies in the group wanted to jump off a bridge in front of the falls. We went along for the ride and it was the most breathtaking sight I'd ever seen. Vic Falls is just phenomenal.

Tomorrow, we're going for a hike with breakfast at the falls and then in the evening we're going on a sunset (read: booze) cruise. Woo hoo!

I'll keep you posted with everything that we do as it happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment